- The roasting oven is not ... quite ... large enough to hold a 20 lb turkey.
- A 20 lb turkey does, however, have lots of cavity to put stuffing in.
- Pie crusts come two to a pack because one sixteen-ounce can of pumpkin makes two pies. If you want two pies, you still only have to buy one can.
- If you make the pumpkin pies two nights before Thanksgiving, you can eat pumpkin pie while you're cooking. Since one can makes two pies, there'll even still be pie left after dinner.
- The big ten-quart pot only holds five pounds of potatoes. So you probably shouldn't buy ten.
- Eighty ounces of canned yams is about right, though.
- You need milk for mashed potatoes.
- The stuffing needs a whole onion, and the salad needs some, too. So one's not enough.
Garlic (minced or cloves)
Hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving, and has lots of leftovers, too. =)