Not a great month for this category, due to Lut spending eight days in the hospital, across two separate stays. Hospital staycation is worst staycation. I ate more than usual this month, at least partly because of stress-eating. But I also ended up exercising more than usual, courtesy of my newfound resolve to exercise a little on days where I was not feeling up to exercising much. That netted me exercise on twenty-two days this month. It was also a net improvement on intensity/time spent exercising, not just the number of days where I did something.
I did a little more work on the setting/characters/outline for A Game to You, but it's still short of the "now I can finally start writing it" stage. It is getting closer! But there’s some stuff in the middle that is too squishy for me to feel comfortable about it.
The Business of Writing
But I did finally start editing Demon’s Alliance. Editing is 37% complete, according to my editing list. So it’s not going quickly, but at least it moved. Editing is easier to do in the hospital than writing is.
I also looked over the feedback for Level 99 and made some additional edits to it. I have a few more things to poke at, but I should have Level 99 ready for layout before the end of July.
I broke my streak while Lut was in the hospital, and then after I realized I’d broken it, I didn’t care enough to restart. It took me until the last week of the month to start reading books by other people again. I’ve been reading my own as comfort reading instead. I even broke my usual rule about editing and re-read the unpublished Demon books for fun. The good news is that I think the unpublished Demon books are fun to read, at least. n_n
I actually did some of this! I did some work on a landscape, was dissatisfied with it, and started a Bob Ross video, but I never got back to it. I should do that sometime.
While Lut was in the hospital, I decided to do the Shirt Cut Meme as a self-indulgent thing. It’s a boob-focused meme, so of course I used Frost instead of any of my characters with boobs. The first two pics came out pretty well so I decided to do the rest. It is not done yet. I have been working on it on and off for 2.5 weeks. It’s probably not the most time I’ve spent on a picture, but it might be more than I’ve spent on any of my book covers. o_o Maybe not more than I spent on The Lord, His Monster, and Their Lady. I haven’t really been tracking time on it.
Anyway, I’ve finished 4 of the 5 parts and the last part is about half done, so I’ll finish it. Eventually. I spent most of today working on it. The only reason I’m not working on it right now is that my monthly “do your month-end update” reminder came up, and I’m not allowed to get rid of the unread message notification for it until I finish this post.
Oh! And I finished the cover for You Thought You Wanted to Be Level 99, But Really You Wanted to Be a Better Person. I did that at the beginning of June and it feels like ages ago now.
On Wednesday, I remembered that I hadn’t done my “learn a new game” goal yet for June, so Terry and I learned to play Sobek: 2 Players. (I have not played Sobek: More Than 2 Players and also suspect that is not the actual name of the 3+ players version). We played two games of it and will probably play it again. It’s a “plan ahead and pay attention to your opponent’s strategy so that you can screw them over” style of game, which is not my preference. (My favorite kind of player-vs-player board game are indirect competition, where you don’t interact a lot with the opponent. Kind of like golf or racing games.) But that aside, Sobek wasn’t bad.
June Goal Scorecard
- Assist Lut: Yes. This was the big June accomplishment.
- Look at goal list occasionally:
- Work on notes/outlines A Game to You: Technically complete is best completion.
- Exercise 20 times this month: 22 times bay-beeeee
- Consumption tracking: I did this!
- Make an art: Totally nailed this one.
- Work on cover art for Demon’s Alliance and Level 99: I finished the cover for Level 99! I also worked enough on the start I’d made for Demon’s Alliance to decide it wouldn’t work, which I guess counts.
- Practice art: Gonna count this one too.
- Post a few blog entries, apart from my usual month-in-review: technically I did one extra entry, so I guess done? Oh, wait, two extra entries, because I launched The Lord, His Monster, and Their Lady in June.
- Start revisions on Demon’s Alliance: Did this!
- Maintain bullet journal: More-or-less
- Learn a new game: Done!
For a month where I didn’t accomplish very much, I sure hit a lot of stretch goals. In fairness, there’s a lot of overlapping items and “technically complete” in there.
- Assist Lut
- Look at goal list occasionally
- Finish final edits for Level 99
- Write some new fiction
- Work on notes/outlines A Game to You
- Start writing A Game to You
- Work on notes/outline for a different book
- Exercise 20 times this month
- Consumption tracking
- Make an art
- Work on cover art for Demon’s Alliance and/or Angel’s Grace
- Practice art
- Post a few blog entries, apart from my usual month-in-review.
- Finish revisions on Demon’s Alliance
- Start revisions on Angel’s Sigil
- Maintain bullet journal
- Learn a new game
- Finish reading a book I haven’t read before
This entry was originally posted at https://rowyn.dreamwidth.org/2021/07/02/junereview.html. Please comment there using OpenID.